Thursday, April 19, 2012

the delicate balance

The other night my son woke up in the middle of the night crying. I went into his room and picked him up. I held him for a while in the darkness, cuddling him, rocking him and helping him relax back to sleep.

Grace's words entered my mind, "the staff doesn't come in on Sundays Anna, on Sundays the kids just don't eat". She was talking about the orphanage in Pleven. I thought about a child's cry going unanswered. That thought is heart breaking to me. That through the night watches no one will come into the room of that crying child, no one will pick them up and hold them...no one will comfort them.

I wasn't even going to share this thought. But then I decided that I am not going to edit this blog. While I am tired of my words bringing tears into people's eyes I am also aware that if you are following us it is because you have the same broken heart we do. I wish that I could bring us all comfort and hope...but to be honest sometimes I don't feel hopeful about the situation we are walking into. But sometimes I do. I am going to try to find something hopeful and inspiring each day to share along with the gritty, dark details of our trip. Deep down I am a cheerleader, I am a motivator and I am an encourager. I am trying to draw from that well. Pray that I can. For Grace's sake, for Samantha and for all the orphans in Pleven.

1 comment:

  1. is that the reason why you guys don't get to go see Sam till Monday? It breaks my heart. Praying through tears.

    ReplyDelete