Friday, June 14, 2013

A not so exciting update

So the longer that I have gone without blogging the more the harder it seems to find something to say. In light of the fact I don't have anything profound to tell you, I have decided the least I can do is give you an update. The June pick up date that we were all praying for seems to have not happened. I realize that June is not over but the stage we are at in this process dictates that even if things started moving again, we would not be able to travel in June.

I think I am taking this news in stride. I hope that I am. I have told myself from the beginning that I can't really control this process, as much as I would like to, and so I have to let go. I also know that Simon doesn't really know what sort of changes await him so it isn't like he is sitting there feeling utterly neglected by me. This week I got a wonderful blessing as a woman visiting Simon's orphanage saw him a few times and was able to give me very positive reports. It is always nice to hear that someone saw your child. She said he smiled, and that she held his hand briefly, and I nearly cried.

I found out his week the exact delay in my process. So I am sharing it with you in hopes that you will join me in praying for its resolution. About a month ago a new minister of Justice was put in place in Bulgaria. Aparently, and I don't pretend to understand fully how all this works, that change over meant that there needed to be new vice minister of justice as well. Well, they haven't put a new vice minister of justice in place yet, and sadly, that is the person that I need to sign my paperwork. In fact that is the person who is in charge of all international adoptions in Bulgaria. My lawyer said she has been, "biting her nails for a while now". Which is really NEVER good to hear.

So please pray for a new VICE minister of Justice to be put into place in Bulgaria and for our adoption to start moving along. When we were there in March our lawyer said she was very confident that we would have our court date BEFORE the courts shut down in Bulgaria for, what I am calling, summer break. This break is mid-july to mid august. So we also need prayers that our court date happens before the shut down otherwise we will just be waiting for an additional month :(

No comments:

Post a Comment