Sunday, March 24, 2013

In the middle of the "night"

Well it is 2 am here and Jon and I are both awake. Perhaps I was a little too hasty when I told our lawyer that we weren't having any problems with our jet-lag. I seem to wake up after 5 hours of sleep and it feels like it should be 8am. I have been thinking maybe I should stop going to bed at 9pm and that might fix the problem, however at about 9pm I feel like I could collapse. So jet-lag seems to be a thorn in our side.

We have been pouring over an updated file from the government about Simon. Among the strange extra details we have found that they took his weight recently and he now weighs 9 kilograms(almost 20 pounds!), praise the Lord!!! We are very excited about this as I was really hoping he would be over 20 pounds when we brought him home.

Right now there are 2 other adoptive families staying at our hotel and we are all eagerly waiting for the morning to come and along with it our 10am visits to meet our sons. For you Reeces Rainbow fans (peyton, adam and Kramer) Kramer's parents are with the same agency that we are, so essentially they are to us as Tom was to Grace and I. (if that sentence means nothing to you...NO Worries!!) We have shared many meals with this couple and have really enjoyed getting to know them. I am hoping we can all pray together before we go in tomorrow morning!

I LOVE the coffee in this country, although I can't seem to score any steamed milk :) I tried earlier to solve my coffee ordering blues by asking for a latte but that didn't work either :) So I am back to asking for "MmmILLLK" with my coffee and making gestures while looking, I am sure, like a crazy person. Then I gulp down the very small amount of expresso after I dump a little cold milk over the top. It is still wonderful!

Oddly, I already seem to be tired of going out to eat, uh oh. :) I might ask tomorrow where a small grocery store might be where I could just get some basics to keep in our "apartment". That is right, if you are reading this Grace, we scored an AWESOME room at the Rostov. I had asked if we could get a bath tub in our room, because when I get stressed I get muscle spams (I had one right before Grace and I came here) and low and behold that means you have to have an "apartment". I am sitting in a small room next to our small bedroom right now!!!! I know that we are paying more but I am really liking the space, I think it is helping my overall calm mental state, which is very important. I was able to sort of unpack us a little, have suitcases around the bed but still feel like I have plenty of space to breathe and move. And we also have a large bed that we can both sleep in, which is nice for us as this is sort of a bizarre second honeymoon :)

I had been told by some other moms that i could ask to talk to the doctors but I had been wondering if that meant it would cut into our visits. I found out today from my lawyer that I will be able to request "appointments' with anyone who works with SImon. So I can set up appointments with the physical therapist, the doctor and the teachers! My translater, Philip should be able to help us with that tomorrow!!!!

So prayer requests: That I would feel better, my throat kind of hurts, glands are swollen (probably lack of sleep?) Speaking of sleep, we would both like to get a little of that. And just for our visit, which is 10am our time, which will be 3am for most of you reading this. That we will be able to ask all the questions we can...and that we will have a connection to Simon that brings more hope than fear!!

Thank you all for your support. The next time I blog I should have pictures of my son!!!!!
Now....off to bed where I hope I can sleep! Blessings everyone from Bulgaria. Where I am pretty calm, all things considered...so that must be an answer to prayer! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment