Saturday, January 19, 2013

The long overdue pancake feed thank you!


Well it has been a week since the pancake feed.  I don't know why it has taken me so long to tell you what a wonderful day it was!  I felt like I was at my wedding because I was able to see so many friends from different parts of my life all in one place.  I really enjoyed getting to walk around and talk to everyone.  I THINK I only missed getting to talk to one family.  I also met a few people for the first time which I thought was really cool.  I learned that there are people following  our blog that I have never met....what a blessing to know that more people have been moved by Simon's story than just my friend group.  It was a huge blessing to see friends that we hadn't seen for years.  The food was pretty good too!

My friend Andrea had the idea to throw us a pancake feed and she did a wonderful job.  Her whole family helped out which was very cool because Andrea and I grew up going to church together as children...so it warmed my heart to have her family involved.  She made us a nice bucket to collect money and collect donations we did....the total from the event was $1740.57.  Now, the change was important as I learned that one little boy was told about Simon before he came to the pancake feed with his family so he got his piggy bank and emptied it out for our son.  That story warmed my soul.
 
So thank you EVERYONE who helped get things set up for this event and EVERYONE else for coming out to it.  It was great seeing you there.  I feel very blessed to have so many people that care about orphans, adoption and our family.  I really can't say that enough, I believe that we have been placed in the community we are in, for this time and for this adoption.  We wouldn't be able to do this without the support of generous friends and family members.  THANK YOU.  Thank you for being a blessing to our family and to our son.

Please keep praying for Simon.  Please pray also for the other children in his orphanage to find families and for the children that do have familes that they will make it home into their new mother's arms.

Here are some pictures from the pancake feed.


Andrea and Ben and Kasey and others enjoying the festivities 

Thank you ladies for having fun while helping out!

And here is the crew.  Thank you SO MUCH.  You did a great job and you looked so good doing it!



1 comment:

  1. Such a blessing!! (((HUGS))) I see my Noah in the back ground! :o)

    ReplyDelete