Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Halloween

So I dressed Simon up for Halloween, I actually had a whole family theme planned (well, me and the boys, Jon was at work) but when Ishmael got up from his nap, he demanded to wear his spider-man suit.   So Simon was a rock-star, I was his manager and Ishmael was spiderman.  We went over to my parents house to 'trick or treat".  The whole thing was a bit weird.  I had never taken Ishmael trick or treating and I felt a little odd..but we had a good time, and I took about 2 weeks but then I ate all of his candy :)

When I pulled up to my parents house I got a little emotional about the fact this was Simon's first halloween and that he was 9 years old, 22 pounds, unable to talk or walk.....anyway I just got emotional about what has been stolen from him in this life, due to neglect.  So even on a somewhat silly holiday, I found it painful.


THis is Amber, she lives in our community.  She was looking rather beautiful dressed as a princess...she got this outfit out of my closet.  Yes, I am that girl who still has he dance recital costumes, just in case, they can actually be worn again.

manager and rock star at the end of the night.




Ishmael has started doing brotherly things, like trying to give Simon a sucker.  This sucker was in fact the reason we stopped trick or treating.  Once someone gave Ishmael a sucker in his sack, it was all over....he had to have the sucker....so we had to be done :)  (my rule was we were not eating any candy while we were out...we had to wait until we were done!)

grandpa and grandma and the boys


No comments:

Post a Comment