Sunday, April 14, 2013

Keeping Busy

People have asked how I am handling being back home, well I am keeping busy. :) We changed apartments right before we left for Bulgaria so I am still organizing closets in the aftermath. Also, I seem to be nesting like crazy in our new place, including looking up patterns to recover pillows and make a bay window seat cushion. We are picking out curtains and bought a rug. I think the idea is to make a very pleasant place to be because when Simon comes home, we will probably be hanging out a lot at home :)

I am also trying to nest a little for Simon, I am working on Ishmael and Simon's closet and trying to figure out Simon's bed situation. This might include switching Ishmael to a twin bed to make a hiding place for a dutch trundle bed for Simon to sleep on. (it has railings all the way around it and we are hoping it will be just right for Simon. The crib he sleeps in now doesn't have the tallest railings and I really just don't want to set up the crib again. We moved into a much, much smaller room situation for our sons :( BUT the bathroom is HUGE!! AND we have a DISHWASHER!!!)

When we first came home I was sleeping a TON, which was really nice for me because I have always been more of a, stay up way to late, or wake up in the middle of the night person. Which is what is happening right now, sigh, maybe is was just jet lag :( I enjoyed it.

Another item on our schedule is our ADOPTION FUNDRAISER BENEFIT SHOW!!! We are very excited to be doing, what we hope is, our LAST local event as an adoption fundraiser. I am praying, and sadly not calculating, that the donations from this event will be all we need to bring Simon home. I still have some items to sell so I really do think that we could be "fully funded" pretty soon. (I really hate using that term, because to me, anything could happen at any point that would switch us from fully funded to praying for help in minutes! That seems to be the story on international adoption! ha) So if you live near Lincoln, you should come to this event. My hubby and I are both playing in it! (I hope that I can sing without crying!!!)

When: Saturday April 27th 2013, doors at 5:30, show starting at 6pm
Who: well you, and us and 4 Bands/Musicians:
Starla Dear (this is my hubby's band)
Mark Thornton
Anna Dietrich Keyzer (well that is me! I just plan to play a couple songs)
The Lion and the Leper (this should be ROCKin WORSHIP!)
Where: 2 Pillars Church 1430 South Street Lincoln Ne 68502
What: Well, the bands will play, I will talk a little, and we will hope to have a GREAT TIME!
Another who: This is an event that is open to all ages, so you can bring your kids if you want. Do keep in mind that most of these groups, minus me, rock and they like to do that loudly. Invite your friends, and neighbors and church friends and family!

I am looking for some volunteers, so if you live around here and you would like to help, please let me know! I will need people to help make snacks, which we will then offer to our guests, and donate pop and water. I will also be looking for volunteers to perhaps man an informational booth about Reece's Rainbow.

So, I think that is all I have to say. I am definitely keeping myself busy, we know my mind is busy, otherwise I would be asleep! Thanks for reading and for supporting our adoption!


No comments:

Post a Comment