Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Play with a toy....yes I will!



On Monday of last week we had our first visits from therapists with the public schools.  The speech therapist brought a big bag of toys, which I have been trying to hide from Ishmael, hoping to find something that would interest him.  And we found something.  I was VERY shocked when he grabbed this toy from me.  Even MORE shocked when he pushed the button himself.....however I didn't get that on camera.  What I did get on camera was him grabbing the toy and holding the button down himself, once I put his thumb on it....which I still think is pretty darn significant.  I am one proud mama.

Watch for yourself right here.

Today the PT and OT came over to our house.  I don't have any videos of his progress in this arena just yet.  We are going to try to work on his crawling skills before we start walking.  I think I really like therapists...they seem to just think everything my child does is amazing.  That is how I like it....some doctors have been a little, blase to say the least, some look at me like I am one crazy person to have adopted Simon.  But the praise of therapists....now that is a comfort.  Thank you LPS for your free services!!! :)

We finally have our insurance all set up.  I am VERY THANKFUL and grateful.  We will not, however, have coverage for August.  So there are some pretty huge bills hanging around out there.  I am praying for some Jesus provision...and I must really believe in it...because I am NOT stressed at all :)  Which, if you know me, is a bit of a shocker.


Here are some random and I will just say it, darn cute, photos of my kiddos for your enjoyment.  It is odd to me that we don't seem to have any photos of us feeding Simon, since some days, it feels like that is all we do. :)
These first pictures are from a trip to the zoo....









These next pictures are from 3-4 weeks ago....what a difference a month makes...he looks so small in these photos...darn cute but so small...I guess all those HOURS of feeding him ARE paying off!!!


other than the loss last week,  we have been pretty giddy about this football season.








there are times when he looks like a 9 year old boy....trapped in a very skinny 3 year old's body.


I was aiming for a side by side...but I failed.  Here are 2 photos closer together......
He has gained 3 pounds since coming home 6.5 weeks ago!!!

1 comment: