Monday, September 2, 2013

Stuff about Simon

So things have been going pretty well for us over here.  My 3 year old is trying to adjust to having a brother.  He seems to like Simon, he says so, he also says that Simon is cute, however he doesn't seem to like my hubby and I much anymore.  We have been having some behavioral problems that are a mix of "terrible threes" and the "my parents brought another kid home" blues.  We are trying to handle it with humor, and sadly, lots of time outs.  We have been trying to going on one on one outings with Ishmael when we can, today Jon and Ishmael went to a baseball game and Simon and I had some one on one time.

We enjoyed a brunch at Grandma's house and then went home.  He had a very nice bath, followed by a massage.  He seemed to really enjoy it.  Yesterday we found out that he doesn't have any parasites so I broke out the cloth diapers!  I decided I should try to get some videos of Simon up on this blog.  As we hung out with my friend Lynette, in between feedings, I took some videos of Simon for your enjoyment.


When we picked up Simon from the orphanage, we were surprised when he started cooing in the van.  Since then he has been making more and more sounds.  We are very proud! Here is a video of Simon chatting.

I don't know if you can tell in this video but while it is a challenge for me to brush his teeth, Simon laughs while I brush them.  It makes the fact I have to hold his arms down a little easier when he is cracking up the whole time.  (he goes the the dentist this Friday so I am hoping they might give me some pointers, and get the back sides clean, as I can't seem to do that)

Speaking of his hands, Simon is the king of arm movements.  Here are some poses that I caught on camera. I remember my friend's dad teaching me how to do the fready dance, Simon has his own dance:

Ah my head move


just snap your fingers like this


then play the air maracas 


Keep shaking them


oh, were you looking at me?


to be a dancer you MUST take the moves seriously!





Here is a picture of Jon with his TWO boys.  Ishmael, age 3 on the left and Simon, age 8 on the right.

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet little voice Simon has. I hope and pray that he will soon be saying sweet words to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a real treasure there, Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see the pictures of him at HOME! Our little guy has to wait five more weeks - instead of leaving Saturday we're now leaving Oct 12. :(

    Seeing Simon home helps - Krassi's day is coming!

    Love the photos of Jon with his boys. ;)

    ReplyDelete