Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Ways to support..because that sounds better than fundraising :)

I have been so busy preparing for a fundraiser this weekend I haven't even posted it on our blog!

If you are local and you haven't heard about the event on facebook, here are the details.  My friend's missional community decided to throw a garage sale for my adoption.  All proceeds will go toward bringing Simon home!


When:
          Thursday Sept 27th  8am-4pm
           Friday Sept 28th  8am-4pm
           Saturday Sept 29th 8am-12pm

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if you don't live locally, don't fret.  I have another friend who makes items you could buy as gifts and then have shipped!

Check out my friend Priscella's etsy:   http://www.etsy.com/shop/ByGraceProject
She makes wonderful things and sells them in order to give the money away!  I am blessed to have her as part of my church community and she has a heart for reece's rainbow and also our adoption.  Be assured your baby can look cute while being a social activist!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live Locally but busy this weekend?  What about the next?

Next weekend I will be selling baked goods and coffee at circle ME's Rediaper Sale.

Location:  3120 O street
                Lincoln Ne 68510
When: Saturday October 6th  10am-3pm

Other items:  We will also these items for sale:  Earrings handmade by my friend Jeanne, Some of my friend Priscella's baby items and also, if I get them done, wool dryer balls!

Just in case you don't know.  I work for Trinity Chiropractic which owes circle ME.  circle ME is a cloth diaper natural family store.  It is great.  Come check out the store and by something to eat....made for you by my friend Daniel.  He is an AMAZING baker...and happens to live in my wonderful community.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am working on my poster tonight.  Once I have it done I will be ready to do presentations anywhere you will have me.  Would you like your church or friend group to hear more about what is happening in Simon's orphanage, what God is doing to get kids out and what you can do to help?  Well then invite me out...I will only cost what you are willing to donate to my adoption...(and travel fees if you invite me from afar!! )

I hope to give you a real blog soon!  I do want to report that I was praying for a small amount that God would provide at the garage sale and he has already brought me almost half and the sale hasn't started!  Praise the Lord.  It sure is fun to be doing something that He supports so heavily.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your committment to SUCH a handsome boy, and thank you for being the answer to so many prayers. We all so wanted Peyton to find a family, and with his file going back, things weren't looking good :( Also love the name of your blog... Grace's Fault... LOL. I'll be following your story - as I do all the P. families. If I were old enough, I'd be going to get Penny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie!!! We really appreciate your support! The Lord is doing a great work. Please do keep us in your prayers...along with Simon (Peyton's new name) that he would find favor in a care givers eyes and receive some extra time to eat. I am also praying that he will be able to suck, ie eat from a bottle, when he comes home. Thanks again! I hope you do adopt when you are old enough!

    ReplyDelete